Cold water + strawberry + lemon + fresh mint leaves = deliciousnesss!
For breakfast, I alternate between this delicious smoothie and the green juice.
High-speed blender like Blendtec or Vitamix
1 cup raw Almond milk (Click here to learn how to make your own Almond milk)
1 organic banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries (or strawberries or other berries…get creative!)
1 scoop of Sunwarrior Classic Protien Raw Vegan Gluten free powder (Click here to purchase this goodness from Vitacost)
1/2 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
1 tbs. coconut oil (Nutiva)
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
It is best to have this juice on an empty stomach. I recommend doing this on all your vegetable juice intake because the body receives the nutrients better when it is not busy digesting something else (like solid food for instance). The goodness zips right through your awesomeness!
Half bunch organic dino or curly Kale
2 stalks celery
handful of cilantro
- Juice all ingredients except for the lemon
- Serve with lemon on the side
Raw almond milk is a staple for making any kind of smoothie in our home. Instead of buying it from the store, we make our own. I want to make sure that the nutritional inhibitors and toxic substances found in nuts grains and seeds that we consume are eliminated or minimized at the very least by soaking them for 24 hours in filtered water prior to consumption.
- Organic Raw Almonds
- Filtered Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup (optional)
- 1tspVanilla Extract (optional)
Equipment & Tools:
- High-speed blender like Blendtec or Vita-mix
- Organic nut milk bag (see my kitchen equipment)
- Large bowl for straining
- Glass container for the almond milk storage
Soak the raw almonds for 24 hours with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Rinse almonds thoroughly
- Blend water and almonds for several minutes until it is smooth and creamy
- Strain mixture in the large bowl using the nut milk bag
- Put the milk back in the blender, add vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Transfer milk to a glass container and refrigerate.
This will keep for 5 days.