Cold water + strawberry + lemon + fresh mint leaves = deliciousnesss!
The dream that I had this weekend which I will share with you on this post has changed my relationship with life and my perception of what life is. I saw myself as a tiny particle of a gigantic mystery that is Life.
In my recent dream, I had the pleasure of dancing with a spirit in the form of a goddess.
Confronted by my own trust and control issues in the beginning, I did not want to come with her. She waits and waits with her hand extended patiently, inches away from my own.
In the end, I chose to let go and I surrendered to her beauty.
She was a sultry, seductive, otherworldly creature who took my hand in all her gracefulness and majesty. She had a long, black, curly hair. Her eyes were big and brown. Her skin was pale and her lips were blood red. She had a white flower on her head. Her dress was long, burgundy, and hugging every curve of her body.
She took me to the galaxy where the music changed several times until I felt at ease in my own skin. I started dancing like nobody’s watching.
And we danced and danced.
We played with the stars using the tips of our fingers, swirling them into our own version of the milky way.
I used my hands to mold shapes of different kinds and I threw it in the air while the goddess continued to dance and watch me play.
I am floating in the most welcoming, loving, and nurturing element of all which is “space”.
The space spoke to me and said, “mold me, move through me, do whatever you want with me.”
The goddess and I danced until the music began to fade…and slowly, slowly, a force pulled us away from each other.
She was gone.
Once again, I am traveling.
I felt my feet slowly touching the ground.
Suddenly, I was in the forest…mesmerized and curious. My senses were so heightened that I could hear sounds coming from afar, and I could smell everything. I could see life coursing through the ground, pumping life on each blade of grass, up to the tallest of trees and the unseen illumination of “space” in the dark of night.
I was a wild animal walking on all fours. And I could see and feel each pore of my body breathing and corresponding with the Earth. As if we were shouting, “I’m ALIVE” with each other.
I enjoyed walking and running with life in my animal form where I was blissfully driven by such powerful instinct. I climbed the trees and I reached for the brightest stars in the sky.
I am in love and aroused by life, and once again reminded of who I am in the depth of my being, beyond the many layers I wear in my day to day existence.
When I woke up the feeling of awe, loss, and sadness immediately washed through me. Once again realizing that I am living in a concrete jungle, living amongst the dominions.
I am still silently going through the grieving process on the loss of the world that I saw, the world that once was and the world we are avoiding to meet eye to eye. We can bring it back here in the now, but it will take a lot of work.
It won’t be easy but it will be worth it.
I will never see the trees, the plants, the animals, the space, and especially us the same way again.
In this non-dairy recipe, avocado replaces butter, cream, and eggs….try it and see for yourself.
1/4 cup pitted medjool dates, (soaked for 1 hour, reserve water)
1/4 cup pure and organic maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
3/4 cup mashed avocados (about 1 1/2 avocados)
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder or carob powder
1/4 cup dates soaking water
- Place the dates, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the avocado and cacao powder and process until creamy. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the reserve water and process briefly.
- Stored in sealed container, it will keep in the fridge for 3 days or 2 weeks in the freezer. Serve chilled.
It all starts with YOU. It is your movie and you are the ACTION star. You have the power to take action in your life. You deserve to be happy and stress-free. I want you to be happy and stress-free. I want you to be well.
Here are the gifts that I want to share with you:
1. Get Organized. It makes life so much easier when you know where to find what. Invest on jars, boxes, and BPA-free plastic organizers (no more toxins!). Label them with stickers. Clean your closet and donate stuff you no longer want to keep (or designate a box for all the stuff that you no longer want to keep but still somehow have an attachment to and let it sit until you are ready and you feel good about it). Donating is the ultimate recycling! Being organized helps so much with time management and being punctual. Use your smartphone or computer calendar for your appointments. Set an alarm. A notebook is very handy for quick lists and thoughts that you do not want to forget (you’ll never know when creativity oozes out of you!). Create a journal. I use this app called Day One on my iPad to write down all the things that I accomplished and did not accomplish for the day and many more. It is fabulous!
2. Self-love and Self-care. These two are partners–meaning you can only show yourself true love when you start caring for yourself. Screw all the things you have to do for other people. You first. Always. I know we can be selfless at times because we want to be helpful and show our love and dedication to our work and the people we care about, but we can’t give our best if our own basic needs are not taken care of (the people who depend on you also want to see you happy). YOU FIRST before your employer. Eat good and never settle for less (I mean get rid of junk food and all that processed shit that they sell at the grocery store and fast food). Learn to listen to your body. Care for yourself and love yourself. Set aside a special time for you everyday whether it’s meditating for 15 minutes under the sunshine or taking a long walk, or screaming in your car to let out some anger and frustration…whatever YOU like to do for yourself. You deserve it. Take it. I love long baths, snuggling, and good food.
3. Surround yourself with people who are good and inspiring to YOU. When you are surrounded by inspiring people, you will be reminded of your own potential. Notice how this reignites your own power and the power of your own imagination which will allow you to be more creative and bring creation in your own life. It makes you want to show up as a better version of yourself everyday and “say bring it on!”. Take notes of the things that will come up for you once you decide to enter a transition. Be aware of your self and what you want in your life. If you are not feeling that great or that good about what you are doing, fake it till you are it. Think about reinvention and not being ashamed to reinvent yourself. Instead of being jealous and insecure every time you see someone you admire, be that person. Be the person you want to admire. Remember that you will be accepted by the people who truly loves you no matter what you are, who you are, or what you do. (And minimize seeing or talking to people who create stress & drama in your life but you still want to be friends with. Seriously.)
4. Be honest. Stop lying. Stop talking shit about yourself. Stop talking shit about other people. YES YOU CAN. When you are living an honest life, you are taking care of your soul. Because LYING IS EXHAUSTING to the self and the soul. When you are being honest and truthful in your ways, you become clearer on who you are to yourself, who you are to others, and who you are in this world. It feels good to carry the truth. YOUR truth (and not someone else’s).
5. Show up and be productive. Whether you are self-employed or have an employer or you are a homemaker, KICK ASS in your work. Be mindful of your work–even if you hate your work. Doing shitty at your work and the work itself won’t make you feel good. Show up and use your skills and talents. Show up for YOU. Feel good with your accomplishments. Our work is a playground where we are given an opportunity to shine and inspire other people.
6. Share your smile and goodness. You are here and this is an opportunity to share YOUR being. Share yourself to your loved ones. Share yourself to the world! Believe that you have the power to influence and inspire the lives of those around you. Share. It feels amazing.