It all starts with YOU. It is your movie and you are the ACTION star. You have the power to take action in your life. You deserve to be happy and stress-free. I want you to be happy and stress-free. I want you to be well.
Here are the gifts that I want to share with you:
1. Get Organized. It makes life so much easier when you know where to find what. Invest on jars, boxes, and BPA-free plastic organizers (no more toxins!). Label them with stickers. Clean your closet and donate stuff you no longer want to keep (or designate a box for all the stuff that you no longer want to keep but still somehow have an attachment to and let it sit until you are ready and you feel good about it). Donating is the ultimate recycling! Being organized helps so much with time management and being punctual. Use your smartphone or computer calendar for your appointments. Set an alarm. A notebook is very handy for quick lists and thoughts that you do not want to forget (you’ll never know when creativity oozes out of you!). Create a journal. I use this app called Day One on my iPad to write down all the things that I accomplished and did not accomplish for the day and many more. It is fabulous!
2. Self-love and Self-care. These two are partners–meaning you can only show yourself true love when you start caring for yourself. Screw all the things you have to do for other people. You first. Always. I know we can be selfless at times because we want to be helpful and show our love and dedication to our work and the people we care about, but we can’t give our best if our own basic needs are not taken care of (the people who depend on you also want to see you happy). YOU FIRST before your employer. Eat good and never settle for less (I mean get rid of junk food and all that processed shit that they sell at the grocery store and fast food). Learn to listen to your body. Care for yourself and love yourself. Set aside a special time for you everyday whether it’s meditating for 15 minutes under the sunshine or taking a long walk, or screaming in your car to let out some anger and frustration…whatever YOU like to do for yourself. You deserve it. Take it. I love long baths, snuggling, and good food.
3. Surround yourself with people who are good and inspiring to YOU. When you are surrounded by inspiring people, you will be reminded of your own potential. Notice how this reignites your own power and the power of your own imagination which will allow you to be more creative and bring creation in your own life. It makes you want to show up as a better version of yourself everyday and “say bring it on!”. Take notes of the things that will come up for you once you decide to enter a transition. Be aware of your self and what you want in your life. If you are not feeling that great or that good about what you are doing, fake it till you are it. Think about reinvention and not being ashamed to reinvent yourself. Instead of being jealous and insecure every time you see someone you admire, be that person. Be the person you want to admire. Remember that you will be accepted by the people who truly loves you no matter what you are, who you are, or what you do. (And minimize seeing or talking to people who create stress & drama in your life but you still want to be friends with. Seriously.)
4. Be honest. Stop lying. Stop talking shit about yourself. Stop talking shit about other people. YES YOU CAN. When you are living an honest life, you are taking care of your soul. Because LYING IS EXHAUSTING to the self and the soul. When you are being honest and truthful in your ways, you become clearer on who you are to yourself, who you are to others, and who you are in this world. It feels good to carry the truth. YOUR truth (and not someone else’s).
5. Show up and be productive. Whether you are self-employed or have an employer or you are a homemaker, KICK ASS in your work. Be mindful of your work–even if you hate your work. Doing shitty at your work and the work itself won’t make you feel good. Show up and use your skills and talents. Show up for YOU. Feel good with your accomplishments. Our work is a playground where we are given an opportunity to shine and inspire other people.
6. Share your smile and goodness. You are here and this is an opportunity to share YOUR being. Share yourself to your loved ones. Share yourself to the world! Believe that you have the power to influence and inspire the lives of those around you. Share. It feels amazing.